Purchase Kayak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase Kayak

I want to purchase a kayak to do some fresh water fishing(lakes and large streams). I know absolutely NOTHING about kayaking. Any thoughts or ideas on what to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

I got a Vibe Seaghost 130 over the summer went out 3 time very stable and lot of yak for your buck. A little heavy but it can handle up to 500lb.

Comment

Thanks craymond the reviews are excellent for the Seaghost.

Comment

Thinking of buying a kayak this spring to fish ponds rivers and maybe the flats around chsp. Anybody have any experience with Walmart or dicks brand yaks?

Comment

The cheaper kayaks are ok for basic short range fishing like ponds or the CH flats. But if you plan to paddle any distance you're better off going with a higher end yak.
          tight lines

Comment

Sit in/on it before you acquire. Your body will thank you.

Comment

Finally got my kayak. After reading ,visiting shops and yes listening to Ridgerunner (I have a bad back) . I purchased a Hobie 14 pro angler. Can't wait to get on the water. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

My wife and I are looking at hurricane kayaks. We plan on hitting up the ponds and salt as well.

Comment

Have not posted since I got my kayak. Never fresh water fished before. It was hit and miss,by the end of the season I had learned a lot but still a rookie.It is addicting. In late September put in to rehoboth bay caught many small blues and flounder had a blast. Tidal water and a stiff breeze sure are different then a fresh water lake. Can't wait for spring.

Comment

I'm thinking of how I can throw them in the center console and hitting the mid Del bay structure during summer months. Definitely lots of possibilities!

Comment

Picked up an Ascend 12T @ shorts. Ready to go just need weather to cooperate

Comment

Enjoy very relaxing.

Comment

Working...
                        X