TUNA FISHING CHARTERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUNA FISHING CHARTERS

I would like o plan a tuna charter (August). I'm hoping to get some feed back and suggestions for charters. I would prefer Delaware/Maryland. So basing this on a crew of 6, and a full day trip, please share your suggestions.
    Thanks

Originally posted by fish_this View Post
    I would like o plan a tuna charter (August). I'm hoping to get some feed back and suggestions for charters. I would prefer Delaware/Maryland. So basing this on a crew of 6, and a full day trip, please share your suggestions.
    Thanks
    Don’t go in August, pick a OC boat with a good reputation and try to get on there between the 3rd week of June through July. OC has more options and a slightly shorter run to most of the tuna grounds. There are walk on trips available but then you risk going with others you don’t know. It is better to get your own boat, remember 20% cash tip to the mate. Look at the coastal fisherman list of boats and catches from last year same timeframe and you’ll see who catches day in and day out. That’s Right CAPT Johnny Oughton is my go to.

Comment

Capt Chris Ragni on the Bill Slayer out of IRI.

Comment

Chris (Dockrat) really has made things happen.

A hard recommendation to argue with.

Comment

You guys really sound loyal, so June and July, I didn't realize August was a little late. Thanks for the input about OC being a shorter run and more opportunities. You guys have given me some good insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt J View Post
            Capt Chris Ragni on the Bill Slayer out of IRI.
            Second CAPT Ragni as well, his trips always look like everyone had a blast and they catch fish.

Comment

You guys really sound loyal, so June and July, I didn't realize August was a little late. Thanks for the input about OC being a shorter run and more opportunities. You guys have given me some good insight.
              If you really want tuna on the troll the time to go is last 2 weeks of June and into July.

In August there are tuna around, but they can get spread out, but the marlin and mahi should be in thick as well.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, we're giving the boat Captain Ike a shot, with Captain David

Comment

Thanks for all the input, we're giving the boat Captain Ike a shot, with Captain David
                  I've been on his boat.
                  If he cant find you some tuna he will find you some tile fish and they are good eating.
                  sigpic

Comment

Fishing with Chris on 6/13,, looking forward to it !!
                    Proud parents of a US. Soldier. 15 years & still going!

Comment

Working...
                    X