Come'n Back Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come'n Back Down

Been over 15 years since the shack was sold off by Massey's Ditch. My wife has rented a condo for a family reunion this Aug below the canal in Dewey. It has a dock. I'm told I have to come up with a pontoon to rent for the week. All I could find online was a few $500+ per day boats. Looking for ideas. I know the back well - bays, islands, creeks & canal. So I could pick up just about anywhere.

Thanks Duff

Getting closer.

I see there is a licence to just crab now. I hope a rental pontoon comes with a boat license. Any info will be a big help.

Duff2 - The other half of the terrible twos (Doug2 - Duff2)

Comment

Jerry, It is a General Saltwater License for fishing, clamming and crabbing. You also need a FIN # (Free).
      Go Here: http://www.dnrec.delaware.gov/fw/fis...nglicense.aspx
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jay -

I'm hoping the rental has a boat license . I'm wondering if it can work that way?
        Just taking the kids and grandkids crabbing and visiting the dogs buried on Lynch island.

Good to hear from you.

Comment

Hope a good time is had by all.

Comment

Be careful. The bays have changed a lot in the last 15years.

Comment

OK - Rented a pontoon for next Monday morning 1/2 day. Comes with boat license. Looks like low tide at the CG station I guess we'll just find a hole with some current to do some crabbing.

A relic from Lurefest 1.0 at Jay's back in the day.
              Last edited by duff2; 08-13-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Now that is a classic hat! Do you have the yellow bucktail pin that BB made for us? I still have one but needs a serious cleaning.
                sigpic

Comment

Nice hat! I can't find a hat with a bill that big anymore.
                  That's all she wrote.

Comment

I was looking for it before the Pic Jay. But Nah - couldn't find it .
                    Wish I could get over to visit Mr Bucktail.

I remember Phil Snow won the top prize. Checking I see Oldsnow isn't Drsnow.

Comment

Many things have changed but most the same. Lurefest seems to endure. It is good honest fun. Have a great vacation.. J
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X