Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New for 2021

Screenshot_20210104-192911_Chrome.jpg

I went to the DNREC office in Dover (where I usually buy my license), and the guard there told me that DNREC would no longer sell fishing licenses, and that you had to purchase them from a sporting goods or Walmart store. I went to Walmart, and of course, no one there was able to sell a fishing license. Hope this is not an indication of things to come!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsmith View Post
      I went to the DNREC office in Dover (where I usually buy my license), and the guard there told me that DNREC would no longer sell fishing licenses, and that you had to purchase them from a sporting goods or Walmart store. I went to Walmart, and of course, no one there was able to sell a fishing license. Hope this is not an indication of things to come!
      Rod,
      You are better off just getting it online. That way you save it as a PDF file and you can make copies printing them to keep in the car, truck, tackle box ect...
      Here is the link.Permits and Licenses | DNREC (delaware.gov)

Ron
      http://www.bluedogfishing.com
      DMS #288

Comment

I do not need a GFL. Benefit of being a senior. I used Ron's link and got my FIN number ez pzee. Nice to save as a .pdf
        sigpic

Comment

I got mind on line too. Real easy. I'm just not sure how to download to here. I just wanted everyone to know you can't call the 800 number to get fin number. I also called Rick's bait and tackle and they have everything for sale just need cash
          Last edited by parker23; 01-09-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Go here to get your FIN number: https://epermitting.dnrec.delaware.gov/get-a-fin
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              I do not need a GFL. Benefit of being a senior. I used Ron's link and got my FIN number ez pzee. Nice to save as a .pdf
              Yes it was ez pzee for me also. I had to register on DNREC website to get mine. Must everyone that needs a FIN # register on DNREC website?

I buy a fishing license for my boat so that my friends and family can fish, crab, and clam from my boat without a license. How do they get a FIN number? Must each one of them register on DNREC website?
              That's all she wrote.

Comment

Each one has to log onto there website to get a fin number. I bought my boat license online and then had to log my wife in to get her one. We're both over 65 and just need fin number. Go on their website and click on quick fin and fill out form
                Last edited by parker23; 01-09-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Harry and Parker23
                  I did not have to log in to get a FIN #just went here: https://epermitting.dnrec.delaware.gov/get-a-fin
                  I believe on private boats all on boat fishing need a Fin Number. Headboats have file there l\trip logs so customers are exempt.
                  Last edited by Jay; 01-09-2021, 04:00 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    Harry and Parker23
                    I did not have to log in to get a FIN #just went here: https://epermitting.dnrec.delaware.gov/get-a-fin
                    I believe on private boats all on boat fishing need a Fin Number. Headboats have file there l\trip logs so customers are exempt.
                    Thanks, Parker but I can't find the quick fin button.

Jay when I log in to the site above it brings up my exempt hunting license # and FIN #. It states that I can add a dependent under the age of 18. I am going to call DNREC Monday.

Jay, you are right this came with my FIN #.

The Delaware FIN number is mandatory for all anglers age 16 and older to fish in Delaware tidal and non-tidal waters. Failure to provide a valid FIN number to an enforcement agent will be treated the same as a failure to have a valid fishing license. The FIN number is valid through December 31 for the calendar year in which it was issued. A FIN number is not needed if you only recreationally crab or clam.

The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) will use the data obtained from the FIN program to identify anglers for survey purposes. The program allows for better estimates of recreational landings, which is an important component of fisheries management.

All funds derived from the issuance of fishing licenses are dedicated to a special account for the purpose of matching and securing federal money allotted to Delaware under the provisions of the Federal Aid in Sportfish Restoration Act and cannot be diverted to other purposes. Together, these funds support projects having as their purpose the restoration, conservation, management and enhancement of sportfish, and the provision for public use and benefits from these resources.

Recreational fishing regulations may change after the Fishing Guide is published, so please check for the latest recreational seasons, size limits and possession limits at the website http://www.eregulations.com/delaware/fishing/

If you have any questions about your Delaware FIN number or feel you have received this email in error, please contact the Recreational Licensing Section at 302-739-9918 or email [email protected].

That's all she wrote.

Comment

Ron, I really appreciate the links! (Now, time for me to get that license!) Thanks!

Comment

I am Legit now! Wasn't very difficult to get it ! Thanks Again!

Comment

I save all my licenses on my phone in a folder so they are always with me
                          Team Black Bart

Comment

Digital DNREC is over my head. I will admit I am not the sharpest tack in the box. Today I have talked with people at DNREC and can not figure out how to get FIN numbers for wife and family. Starting to get a little frustrating.

That's all she wrote.

Comment

Harry

They will each have to separately apply for the FIN
                              Team Black Bart

Comment

Working...
                              X