New for 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Clark reply 1.JPG I got this from John and asked for more clarification.
    Thanks Jay,
    I was wondering myself about it but figured it was on their site and that is why I posted it. I think they should put a posted note on their page showing the mistake.

Ron
    http://www.bluedogfishing.com
    DMS #288

Comment

Originally posted by bluedogfishing View Post

Thanks Jay,
      I was wondering myself about it but figured it was on their site and that is why I posted it. I think they should put a posted note on their page showing the mistake.

Ron
      Ron, I agree or get a new proofreader.

I got my wife a FIN # thanks to a very nice lady at DNREC. The digital age is not making life any easier for this old man.
      Last edited by oldsnow; 01-13-2021, 12:35 PM.
      That's all she wrote.

Comment

John Clark writes that the The FIN # exception for seniors is being corrected on the website that Ron posted. He is waiting on a reply from NOAA Fisheries about Headboat and Charter boat FIN #s. Do you have any other questions that you want me to ask?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          John Clark writes that the The FIN # exception for seniors is being corrected on the website that Ron posted. He is waiting on a reply from NOAA Fisheries about Headboat and Charter boat FIN #s. Do you have any other questions that you want me to ask?
          Where the heck are the weakfish lol

Thanks Jay
          Team Black Bart

Comment

The latest from John Clark,,,,,

Clark, John (DNREC)
            11:20 AM (56 minutes ago)
            to me
            I checked up on this just to be sure, Jay, and the answer is yes, everyone on a boat that is covered by boat fishing license must have a FIN number unless they are FIN exempt, which is anyone under 16 years of age. I am still waiting for NOAA Fisheries to send me the regulation exempting anglers on charter and head boats from FIN requirements, but there is a good reason for the exemption. The reason those anglers fishing on a charter or head boat don’t need to have a FIN under federal rules is that the charter and head boats must file a vessel trip report (VTR) after every trip detailing their boat’s effort & catch and their VTR are factored into the MRIP estimates differently than the MRIP estimates from private anglers while the owner of a boat that has a boat fishing license does not have any reporting requirement, thus the anglers on a boat with a boat fishing license must have FIN numbers so the MRIP can account for them. I know it is confusing, so please let me know if I can further clarify.

sigpic

Comment

I have a request... Ron would you post a synopsis on the SF Facebook page. You seem to have a handle on this and we all need to Thank you for your due diligence.
              sigpic

Comment

Tom....I sent you a PM....! Rod

Comment

Thanks both links opened

Comment

Here is the link to get a fin number if you are license exempt, or if you have a fishing license for your boat and need to get the license for passengers that are fishing from your boat.

https://epermitting.dnrec.delaware.gov/get-a-fin
                    That's all she wrote.

Comment

Working...
                    X