Lurefest 2020 Postponed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurefest 2020 Postponed

Governor Carey proclaimed a State of Emergency on March 12th due to the Corona virus pandemic. Part of that he suggested that nonessential gatherings of over 100 people be cancelled. We attempted to find an alternative such as limiting tickets but in the end we decided to not cancel but postpone until the State of Emergency is lifted.

I will contact the Bowers Beach Fire company for availability of dates in the next six months. Once we can work out a date then I will contact you.

This decision was not taken lightly. It was finally decided that the potential harm to the public was possible. Postponement was the best way to go

Anyone that bought tickets online and wants a refund then email me. [email protected]<a href="https://gmail.com/...>gmail.com</a>. Provide a name and mailing address. If you want us to hold your ticket for a future LF then no response is necessary
    sigpic

Probably a wise choice....since I work in a nursing home I was debating on if I would come...I will attend in the future if it falls on one of my vacation weekends for my vacation is locked in for the year. If I can't attend I will send a donation to support the site....thanks for all you do Jay.
    I smell fish!!

Comment

I also think it was most likely a good choice. There might even have been less people there because of the virus. Hopefully a new date will workout so we can all get together again. Hold on to my tickets and if for some reason we don't have Lurefest 2020 still keep my funds for the site. Thanks Jay and Rob for everything you guys do.

Ron
      http://www.bluedogfishing.com
      DMS #288

Comment

As a professor teaching Respiratory therapy you know better than any of us how viruses can effect the respiratory system of older people. As one of those in their later 60's and with underlying medical conditions, you made the only logical call and I appreciate it. As for me even though I had other plans for the spring, I'm going to follow the guidelines the Task Force has determined. At least I'll be able to prep the boat better for the season, lol.
        Indian River Marina Fishing reports: indianrivermarina.blogs.delaware.gov/

Comment

Working...
        X